POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light : Re: PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light
From: Reactor
Date: 5 Aug 2008 14:45:01
Message: <web.48989ec3fa91c91bbf3475910@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> High!
..
..
..
> But I in fact have seen indoor scenes with credible outdoor illumination
>   many times since I first entered this group back in 2000! How do those
> PoV geeks that? Perhaps an ultra-bright sun, and thus correspondingly
> very dark textures on all outside surfaces to get a "realistic"
> brightness of surfaces? Perhaps I should try a sun with a color of, lets
> say, rgb 10?
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

Three different things come to mind:  The first is a composite of 2 or more
renders with different light settings, the second is using HDRI in MegaPov, and
the last is something that occurred to me when you mentioned the rooms are
differenced out of a larger object.  Why not use the same pigment for indoor
and outdoor objects, but a different diffuse value?  You could have the outdoor
light much brighter to compensate, and the indoor diffuse would remain high so
that a greater amount of light would be reflected and the indoors would be
brighter.

-Reactor